Los Angeles — April 10
MonsterTRAK has announced the “Ultimate Internship” contest, in which college students can enter to win one of five elite summer internship programs with one of four top companies.
Selected students will build relevant work experience with top employers to explore exciting opportunities within the marketing, business, financial services and sales fields.
MonsterTRAK is the student division of Monster, a global online careers property and flagship brand of Monster Worldwide Inc.
Companies offering internships via the contest include:
- Environmental Defense
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- Focus Features, an independent worldwide movie company whose award-winning films include “Brokeback Mountain,” “The Constant Gardener” and “Pride & Prejudice,” and sibling company Rogue Pictures, whose hits include “Hot Fuzz” and “Jet Li’s Fearless.”
“Whether a student aspires to become a Hollywood heavyweight, to stop global warming or to rule the boardroom, there are opportunities out there now to help them develop their future career path,” said Julie Goldthwait, MonsterTRAK vice president and general manager.
The following “Ultimate Internships” are now up for grabs:
- Movie Marketing Internship: Focus Features is a motion picture production, financing and worldwide distribution company committed to bringing moviegoers the most original stories from the world’s most innovative filmmakers. The company is looking to fill internship positions in both its New York City and Los Angeles offices. Through working in the marketing department of Focus and/or sibling company Rogue Pictures, the selected interns will learn the process — from conceptualization through execution — of how major motion pictures are positioned and marketed via advertising, public relations and promotions.
- Environmental Marketing Internship: Environmental Defense, a national nonprofit environmental organization, is seeking a summer intern to help influence environmental policies through communications efforts. The student intern will work directly with experts in science, law, economics and other environmental professionals to secure broader recognition of the organization’s advocacy efforts.
- Financial Representative Internship: Northwestern Mutual Financial Network is seeking a motivated intern with strong interpersonal skills to assess clients’ financial needs and offer investment solutions. The intern will have access to the resources, products and assistance needed to build a client base.
- Sales Management Internship: Enterprise Rent-A-Car is offering a paid summer internship at the U.S. location of the candidate’s choice to learn what it takes to run a successful business while acquiring highly marketable managerial skills and experience. The intern selected will also have an opportunity to fly to the St. Louis corporate headquarters for a day with Enterprise executives.
“Work-related experience in a desired field is critical for college students, as 70 percent of employers weigh work experience and personal characteristics more heavily than educational experience when considering entry-level job candidates,” Goldthwait said. “Through internship programs, students can not only test-drive a career but also gain skills and useful information for future job interviews.”
The “Ultimate Internship” contest is running now through April 30.