Managing Director, Professional Development
St. Louis, MO
Qualified candidates should apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
BAI Professional Development Group / Bankers Training & Certification
BAI is the financial services industry’s leading professional organization focused on enhancing employee and organizational performance. Our St. Louis-based Professional Development Group, operating as a business unit within BAI under the Bankers Training & Certification (BTCC) brand, is uniquely positioned in the employee development, training and professional certification/credentialing business:
- We are a market leader in financial services training and development.
- We have a strong client base with a substantial annuity-based revenue stream.
- Our Professional Development Group is comprised of dedicated, experienced business development, sales, technology and product development professionals.
- We offer an extensive product line of blended learning solutions and state-of-the art learning delivery technology.
BAI was founded in 1924 and our headquarters are in Chicago. BAI provides high-value, objective information and insights on complex, strategic issues in financial services. With a focus in Retail Financial Services, Payments and Risk Management, BAI offers an extensive array of professional development products and services. Through seminars, graduate schools and conferences – including the industry’s premier event, the BAI Retail Delivery Conference & Expo – BAI reaches thousands of financial services professionals throughout the world each year to deliver content designed around critical business needs and to facilitate vital connections between financial services professionals, industry experts and solutions providers. Focusing on business issues and performance drivers, BAI applies its extensive line of training, benchmarking and performance metrics to help clients leverage their most important asset – their employees.
As a result of BAI’s strategy to expand our offerings in professional development and to grow the training business, and as we continue to strengthen our enterprise leadership, we are reaching out to our valued professional network to identify candidates for our Managing Director, Professional Development for our Professional Development Group in St. Louis.
The Managing Director, Professional Development will play a key role as part of BAI’s senior leadership talent and will drive strategic and tactical initiatives to include:
- Lead the development of an enterprise growth strategy driven by product line and market expansion opportunities.
- Collaborate with BAI’s Research, Event and Publishing lines of business to determine training and development market gaps and needs, and to leverage content development investments across the organization.
- Represent BAI in professional networks, conferences, etc. to display and reinforce BAI’s leadership in the financial services and employee development, training and executive education industries.
- Conduct research and analysis of training and development product opportunities consistent with BAI’s long range and strategic plans maintain our leadership position and to grow our offerings in the financial services marketplace.
- Manage a product development staff including Instructional Designers, Content Managers and Programmers.
- Manage Performance Metrics for Product Development function. Gather detailed information about client and prospect needs, understand strategic business challenges and priorities, and lead the team in analyzing information and prioritizing opportunities critical to product management and client retention.
- Lead efforts to build client/user communities and relationships. Collaborate with Product Development and Marketing staff to introduce high value implementation and advisory services to Training managers that augment our front-line employee training solutions.
- Educate and train product development, customer care and sales team on key financial services industry trends, learning and development industry trends and technology-based training delivery.
- Key member of the leadership team in alliance with the Managing Director, Business Development. Partner with marketing and sales teams to anticipate and exceed customer product needs.
For this critical role, we seek a thought leader with significant experience in training and employee development in the financial services industry. The specific skills and experiences desired include:
- Strong experience in product development in the employee development and/or financial services arenas.
- Broad, generalist knowledge of employee training concepts, learning technology, instructional design, adult learning, professional development best practices and approaches.
- Demonstrated business strategy, leadership, team-building and people management skills.
- Technologically advanced, computer literate and familiar with e-learning concepts and methods.
- BA/BS Degree minimum; Graduate Degree preferred in Business, Marketing, Organizational Development or equivalent.
- Strong network, alliances and visibility in the employee development arena.
- At least 10 years of progressive management experience including 5 years of staff/function management.
- Strong experience leading and influencing in a matrix and team-based environment.
- Integrity and influencing skills to lead a high performance team.
- Consummate analytical, networking and communication skills at the senior executive level.
- Top line revenue growth focus and results-driven.
- Strong customer service and external marketplace orientation.
In light of the critical role that this position will play both at BAI and in our St. Louis location, the compensation package for this position will be attractive to include a competitive base salary and participation in our company incentive plan.
To be considered for the Managing Director, Professional Development, please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- McDonald’s names new chief learning and development officer
- Skills aren’t soft or hard — they’re durable or perishable
- 5 things you should be doing for your virtual internship program
- Developing a real strategy for on-the-job learning
- Video: Overcoming the narrative of racial difference: Why the controversy?