- - The heavy focus on short-term ROI and the delivery of narrow skill sets oft-evangelized in L&D circles may well be the source of the "skills shortage" industries face today. Approaching training from a durable-skills-first perspective empowers talent to make dynamic, longer-term contributions to an organization.
- What is leadership, and who is a leader?
- LinkedIn Becomes a Serious Open Learning Platform
- What Are Learning Organizations, and What Do They Really Do?
- Reimagining workplace learning during COVID-19
- Leading Across the Generations
- 5 moves that actually increase diversity, equity and inclusion
- The AGES Model can help learning stick
- How Does the Minimum Wage Impact the Economy?
- Working amid Coronavirus: 3 ways coaching can help
- Tight Cultures and Loose Cultures
- It’s time to update your evaluation strategy - To survive and even thrive in the current economic downturn requires measuring the impact and ROI of your major programs to ensure these programs deliver the business results that executives and sponsors want and need. Here are 10 actions to take now. ...
- Congratulations to the 2020 LIP Award winners! - Chief Learning Officer has revealed the winners of its 2020 Learning in Practice Awards. ...
- 5 things to stop expecting from a mentor - Mentorship is a two-way street, and a mentor wants to grow with their mentee. ...
- A chief of learning and positive thinking - Vice President of Talent Management Erin Mara is helping to reimagine learning and shape culture at BJ’s Wholesale Club.
- Politics, values and the election in the workplace - From conversations with fellow learning leaders, CLO columnist Elliott Masie shares what business and workplace cultures are balancing in these new times. ...
- New benchmarking tool for higher ed seeks to address workplace soft skills gap - Quality Assurance Commons’ new Employability Self-Assessment will support higher education programs as they develop proficiency in teaching eight 21st century soft skills critical to today’s employers. ...
- Note to men: Mentor her! (Yes, even during a pandemic) - There are a number of strategies for leveraging telementoring to deliberately engage in crucial developmental relationships with women.
- Who leads your DEI function, and how do you support them from an organizational perspective? - Evidence suggests a gradual increase in organizational support for initiatives that promote diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as the individuals who run them. What does DEI look like when it's supported organizationally, and through L&D? ...
- Why businesses need an internal career marketplace for skills, ASAP - Think of it as the ultimate database to discover not only who in your organization has what skills, but also who is developing what skills — and how far along they’ve come in their development. ...
- To overcome business disruption, take a front-line-first approach - Eighty percent of the global workforce is on the front line. Disruption may have changed the way they do their jobs, but they remain the ultimate driver of business success, and we should invest in their development. ...
We'll Deliver Our Content Right to Your Inbox or Office for Free
- Virtual learning: the future of classroom training
- Kelly Palmer, chief learning officer for Degreed, shares her career journey
- Molly Nagler of PepsiCo shares her career journey
- Learning: your secret weapon to employee engagement
- Is your global learning strategy truly global?
- What is the future of skills, roles and workforce development?