These were the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of October 17.
- 3 Tips for Truly Effective Workplace Learning: Harness the power of video learning, create a collaborative culture with employee-generated content, and drive engagement with targeted content to really boost learning impact.
- 2016 Learning In Practice Award Winners: More than 60 executives and companies were recognized with a Learning In Practice award for excellence in employee learning and workforce development.
- 5 Ways to Learn Faster: In the quest to grow as a leader and as a person, you need others’ help, you need to fail fast, and it won’t hurt to make your own luck.
- Help Managers Manage Tough Talks: Avoiding tough conversations doesn’t leave employees or the company in a better place. Fortunately, managers can develop their ability to confront problems head on.
- Design Thinking for All
Working with a customer-centric approach is as essential to the business as it is to learning and development. Products and services, like learning initiatives, live and die by how well employees know their audience.
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning
- Standing still is no longer an option