Washington — Nov. 22
Blackboard announced the official opening of a new data center in Calgary, Alberta to support growing interest from Canadian institutions for an in-region facility to host and manage their learning environments.
The center, which began production earlier this year, already hosts systems for several Canadian higher education institutions including Dalhousie University, the University of Ottawa and George Brown College.
The new data center is Blackboard’s seventh worldwide. Blackboard Managed Hosting supports about 8.5 million active Blackboard Learn users and nearly 1,000 education, corporate and government clients worldwide. Overall, the number of clients using Blackboard’s hosting services has grown by more than 20 percent in the last two years.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- Visions and missions — defining your value and purpose proposition
- The Reskilling Revolution versus the ‘clay layer’
- When the leader can’t return to the office
- Combatting a campus (and workplace) mental health epidemic
- Psychological safety leads to better managers and teams at this major enterprise