Herndon, Va. — Nov. 11
Strayer Education Inc. announced it has agreed to acquire the Jack Welch Management Institute (JWMI), an online leadership education program that offers an executive MBA degree and executive certificates.
With the acquisition of JWMI, Strayer University will be able to offer students and corporations the opportunity to learn real-world business lessons from Jack Welch, the former chairman and CEO of General Electric.
Welch, a lifelong educator, built the GE Management Institute into one of the country’s premier corporate universities. Following his retirement from GE, Welch continued teaching business at MIT’s Sloan School of Management and in numerous other academic settings. In 2000, he was named “Manager of the Century” by Fortune magazine.
JWMI was founded by Welch and launched in 2009 as part of Chancellor University. Strayer Education entered into a definitive agreement with Chancellor University and S & J Welch LLC to acquire the assets associated with JWMI at Chancellor. The transaction is expected to close before the end of 2011, subject to regulatory approvals.
Source: Strayer Education Inc.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- Visions and missions — defining your value and purpose proposition
- The Reskilling Revolution versus the ‘clay layer’
- When the leader can’t return to the office
- Combatting a campus (and workplace) mental health epidemic
- Psychological safety leads to better managers and teams at this major enterprise