Philadelphia — Oct. 19
Blackboard Inc. and Internships.com, an internships marketplace, announced plans to integrate job search and career building tools and resources directly in the Blackboard Learn online teaching and learning platform.
The planned integration will enable students to search for and apply for internships, student jobs and entry-level positions within the course platform. Students will also be able to take advantage of the full suite of career tools from Internships.com, including a social media integration that will enable student job seekers to leverage their Facebook network to find jobs and get introduced to hiring companies.
The effort will support institutional career placement and counseling offices and provide them information about student behavior in aggregate to better help them match students with opportunities. The integration will support and follow all existing institutional policies and practices.
The planned integration will be available through a Blackboard Building Block for the Blackboard Learn platform.
The announcement was made at EDUCAUSE 2011, a higher education information technology event.
Source: Blackboard Inc.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- What’s holding inclusion back? Leaders’ behavior.
- Psychological safety: an overlooked secret to organizational performance
- Designing virtual learning for application and impact: the missing ingredient
- Brain-based leadership in a time of heightened uncertainty
- Creating an environment for effective learning measurement