Chicago — July 11
SilkRoad Technology Inc., a provider of talent management solutions, announced Thursday the appointment of Wm. Edward Vesely as chief marketing officer, responsible for worldwide marketing.
Vesely brings more than 22 years of marketing experience. He is an entrepreneurial marketing and business development executive with a consistent record of growing revenue, market share and business valuation.
Vesely brings global marketing and channel development experience to SilkRoad, which is in the midst of aggressive expansion across Europe and Asia Pacific. In his previous appointment as senior vice president of marketing and business development at Vision Solutions his leadership contributed to record revenue, customer growth and earnings. His track record also includes successful marketing leadership roles with Sterling Software, Accenture, Platinum technology and Click Commerce.
This appointment follows the company’s announcement in late 2010 that it secured a $40 million investment round of capital from Intel Capital, Tenaya Capital, West Summit, SunBridge, Foundation Capital, Azure Capital and SilkRoad Equityto promote expansion of SilkRoad’s worldwide direct sales and marketing efforts.
Source: SilkRoad Technology
- When it comes to executive education, the challenge is to design for desired success
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning