Waltham, Mass. — July 7
Brainshark Inc., a cloud-based software company, announced the immediate availability of the Brainshark App, downloadable for free in Google’s Android Market. This application provides a more interactive experience for users when they view Brainshark video presentations on Android-based smartphones and tablets.
The Brainshark App enables a browsing and viewing experience on Android phones and tablets. Android smartphones are increasingly popular among people today. According to forecasts from Gartner Inc., Android will become the most popular operating system for smartphones worldwide by the end of this year, and reach a share of 49.2 percent of the smartphone market in 2012. Users of RIM’s BlackBerry PlayBook can also download Brainshark’s free app from the Android Market.
“For many companies today, the need to communicate with mobile audiences is a given – but getting recipients to actually access content can be another story,” said Bill Pray, research director for content and collaboration, Gartner, Inc. “In order to be truly effective, content must not only be engaging, but easy to find, view and share on smartphones and tablets. Making content easily available on the variety of popular mobile operating systems is important – enabling users to conveniently consume presentations and other business content.”
Brainshark App users – whether enterprise customers, users of the free myBrainshark.com site or simply someone clicking to view a presentation – can utilize the features including:
Expanded Viewing Options – App users can:
• Navigate presentations using the table of contents, which contains thumbnails, titles and durations for each slide.
• View presentation attributes, such as title, description, length, view count, author information and more.
• Download attachments associated with a presentation.
One-Click Sharing – App users can:
• Click to share presentation links via email or social apps.
Easy Accessibility – App users can:
• Access a history of recently viewed presentations.
• Log on their Brainshark enterprise or myBrainshark account, accessing company and personal presentations.
On-the-go Learning – App users can:
• Respond to survey, test and poll questions within presentations.
• Access a free, growing library of eLearning content from Brainshark’s community of subject matter experts – with more than 1,000 titles spanning sales and marketing tips, social media strategies, leadership development, management techniques and more.
Brainshark enterprise customers and free myBrainshark.com users can make their presentations available on Android-based devices and other mobile platforms at no charge.
- When it comes to executive education, the challenge is to design for desired success
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning