“Doing more with less”, “creating improved efficiencies”, “downsizing”, “right-sizing”, “trimming fat”, “curbing expenses”, and “streamlining processes” are among the buzzwords and catch-phrases that herald today’s business environment. They all point to creating success cultures for the least budget and the greatest results. Buzzwords and budgeting aside, for a company to succeed today, its workforce must be diverse, innovative, insightful, and knowledgeable. To maximize an organization’s return on investment in its most valuable resource, its employees, Chief Learning Officers must offer ongoing training and education initiatives that support goal achievement.
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning
- Standing still is no longer an option