The gig economy lacks many benefits that traditional employment offers, which has advocates worried, reports NPR.
Amazon is keeping prices so low that the company is impacting inflation, writes Quartz.
First Round Capital published a study of 800 entrepreneurs, finding that startups tend to be rampant with harassment and lack a formal diversity plan, according to Bloomberg.
An order from the European Commission requires Ireland to collect €13 billion in taxes from Apple, writes BBC. Also from BBC, the EU is blacklisting countries that are notorious tax havens, saying they must change their tax rules to comply to EU standards.
Finally, here’s how to build a successful team, from former “Corner Office” columnist Adam Bryant, via The New York Times.
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning
- Standing still is no longer an option