The gig economy lacks many benefits that traditional employment offers, which has advocates worried, reports NPR.
Amazon is keeping prices so low that the company is impacting inflation, writes Quartz.
First Round Capital published a study of 800 entrepreneurs, finding that startups tend to be rampant with harassment and lack a formal diversity plan, according to Bloomberg.
An order from the European Commission requires Ireland to collect €13 billion in taxes from Apple, writes BBC. Also from BBC, the EU is blacklisting countries that are notorious tax havens, saying they must change their tax rules to comply to EU standards.
Finally, here’s how to build a successful team, from former “Corner Office” columnist Adam Bryant, via The New York Times.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- Psychological safety leads to better managers and teams at this major enterprise
- The skills gap: technology first
- 5 strategies to diminish sexual harassment and toxicity in mentoring
- 2020 and beyond: skill sets that matter
- Personalizing performance, not learning: lessons from mass customization