Power might impair neural processes, which allow powerful people to feel empathy, according to The Atlantic.
How soon will a robot be able to take over certain jobs? Laundry folding will see an automation takeover far before a full automation of labor, BBC reports.
In other automation news, the movement is slow to kill jobs. Since 1950, only one job – elevator operator – has been eliminated due to automation, Quartz writes.
The next trend in co-working space centers around wellness, with one boasting space for yoga and meditation to help women grow their businesses and focus on self-care, Fast Company writes.
Finally, who wins and loses in the recently announced Whole Foods takeover? Entrepreneur explores.
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning
- Standing still is no longer an option