Here are the top five stories from CLOmedia.com for the week of Feb. 8.
- Why You Should Care That Millennials Love Learning: Millennial values can inform a learning and development strategy that benefits everyone — including the business.
- Why Companies That Teach Will Win: The knowledge economy demands that companies accept and enable a much higher level of on-the-job learning and development.
- How Leadership and Creativity Go Hand In Hand: Leadership and creativity, if blended in the right way, can be a potent mix for any company.
- Why You Should Care That MOOCs Had a Great 2015: Massive open online courses were hot last year — growing by more than 17 million students since 2014. Growth is still climbing, as is perceived value and prices.
- How to Extend Learning Beyond Training: There are some tried and true tactics that can help make learning stick and be used on the job.
On Another Note …
The Washington Post reports that physicists have detected gravitational waves from the merger of two black holes.
… Inc. details some startups giving FTD some new competition this Valentine’s Day.
… and Gourmet magazine reports on how new technologies are bringing fresh water to millions in need of safe water.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- When the leader can’t return to the office
- Combatting a campus (and workplace) mental health epidemic
- Psychological safety leads to better managers and teams at this major enterprise
- The skills gap: technology first
- 5 strategies to diminish sexual harassment and toxicity in mentoring