The Week That Was is heading to sunny Puerto Rico next week, so get your fix now before the week off.
1. Developing Leaders to Fit Gen Z Swagger: Here are three ways learning leaders can start preparing to lead the next wave of self-aware employees.
2. Be a Chief Inspiration Officer: Focus on retention and engagement as much as skill development.
3. 3 Things to Remember When Creating Learning On-Demand: Learners want e-learning on their terms. Here's how to make sure the results are yours.
4. Do Millennials' Weak Skills Threaten America's Competitiveness?: More education does not mean more skills. Here's why that's a problem for a workforce that's increasingly millennial-driven.
5. Learning Inside and Out at ADP: Learning and development at ADP isn't just an internal priority. In addition to developing employees, the company's learning team is responsible for supporting its more than 610,000 clients, providing implementation and ongoing training on products for companies of all sizes, from local small- and medium-sized businesses to massive global corporations.
On Another Note …
The next big thing in the sharing economy? The on-demand sales force, writes The Wall Street Journal. Read here.
Also, how to get away with wearing sneakers to the office, from Business Insider. Read here.
Finally, a look inside LinkedIn's office, via Fast Company. Look here.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- What’s holding inclusion back? Leaders’ behavior.
- Psychological safety: an overlooked secret to organizational performance
- Designing virtual learning for application and impact: the missing ingredient
- Brain-based leadership in a time of heightened uncertainty
- Creating an environment for effective learning measurement