College football is served best when supplemented with a healthy dose of intelligent learning and development content. You're welcome.
1. What Makes Millennials Happy?: While finding fulfillment at work is not a new concept, millennials are bringing new values that are forcing companies to rethink how they can make workers happy. CLO editor and Ask A Gen Y blogger Ladan Nikravan has more.
2. Is Social Networking Good for Learning?: Social networking technology can help organizations improve communication and collaboration, and drive productivity and business performance, but implementation challenges may inhibit enterprise social networks’ ability to maximize learning potential. Susan Distasio and Donna Lord have the story.
3. Mind the (Leadership) Gap: Companies expect a lot from their new Gen Y managers. Unfortunately, many are not adequately prepared for the challenge. Here’s what learning leaders can do to help. CLO editor Ladan Nikravan has more.
4. A Learning Strategy for Big Data: Data’s potential is limitless with the skills to use it properly, writes CLO columnist Brandon Hall.
5. How Much Do We Know About Gen Z?: CLO editor Ladan Nikravan explores the question in this video.
On Another Note …
Companies that employee contract workers face a challenging landscape, writes The Economist this week. Read more here.
Basically, everything you think you know or have heard about Generation Y is wrong, according to this article in The Wall Street Journal. Read here.
And, what nine successful people say they wish they'd known about managing money in their 20s, via Business Insider. Read more here.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- Creating an environment for effective learning measurement
- Honest feedback plays a critical role in building cultural D&I
- Progressive Insurance gives interns an entry-level lesson in the new reality of office work
- Digital transformation through mindset, delivery and content
- Cloudy with a chance of budget approval