Redwood Shores, Calif. — March 1
Saba, a provider of people-centric enterprise services, announced a leadership transition Friday. Bobby Yazdani and the board of directors have agreed he will step down as chairman, CEO and director.
Shawn Farshchi, Saba’s executive vice president and chief operating officer, has been named interim CEO.
Farshchi, a 30-year veteran of building high-technology companies, will also retain his responsibilities as COO. In addition, the board has separated the roles of chairman of the board and CEO and appointed independent director Bill Russell to the position of non-executive chairman.
The board intends to commence a search for a permanent CEO and will consider both internal and external candidates.
To see what Bobby Yazdani told editor Deanna Hartley about the evolution of the LMS and how it needs to adapt to the changing business environment back in September, click here.
Also, Bobby Yazdani discussed learning’s evolution and technology’s role in its future with editor Mike Prokopeak last fall. Read the story here.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- McDonald’s names new chief learning and development officer
- Skills aren’t soft or hard — they’re durable or perishable
- 5 things you should be doing for your virtual internship program
- Developing a real strategy for on-the-job learning
- Video: Overcoming the narrative of racial difference: Why the controversy?