Redwood Shores, Calif. — July 18
Saba, a learning and business software provider, announced the addition of Michael Abbott and Mike Fawkes to its board of directors.
“I am delighted to welcome both Michael Abbott and Mike Fawkes to Saba’s board of directors. They bring innovative leadership and deep technology and operational expertise to Saba’s board,” said Bobby Yazdani, founder and CEO of Saba. “Their guidance and counsel will be a critical asset to the Saba board as we continue to grow our business.”
Abbott is vice president of engineering at Twitter. Previously he led Palm’s webOS application platform and services development. Before joining Palm, Abbott was the general manager for .NET Online Services at Microsoft where he was responsible for delivering a services platform that facilitated the development of large-scale Internet-based services.
Fawkes brings more than 30 years of experience to the Saba board. He is operating partner at VantagePoint Capital Partners. He previously served in various executive roles in operations and finance at Hewlett Packard (HP), including senior vice president of operations for HP’s imaging and printing group. He was also responsible for leading HP’s worldwide consumer support, environmental responsibility, strategic supply chain and global logistics.
- When it comes to executive education, the challenge is to design for desired success
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning