General Mills strives to develop our leadership pipeline to ensure we have an adequate supply of ready leadership talent to fuel our growth and success. This position is responsible for managing the processes and programs that drive the attraction, retention and development of our top talent. This candidate will also be responsible for our division employer of choice initiatives to build one undeniable General Mills culture worldwide.
The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for linking with corporate centers of excellence to design and develop the division talent management strategy, programs and initiatives. The candidate will be responsible for initiatives related to talent acquisition, global onboarding, employee development and retention and succession management as well as global employer of choice initiatives.
Specifically, this candidate will partner with our global functional experts to:
- Develop talent acquisition, development and retention strategies and ensure successful implementation of such strategies to build a robust succession pipeline of talent.
- Develop workforce planning model and strategic staffing plan to address needs.
- Lead the design and deployment of global talent development tools to meet the talent management needs of the organization including performance management, employee development, talent acquisition and assessment tools and processes.
- Implement leadership development initiatives to accelerate the development of our highest potential talent.
- Develop and implement a global onboarding program that is consistent with GMI’s values and culture.
- Lead the annual People and Organization review process for the division.
- Develop and implement metrics/measures to monitor the effectiveness and business impact of our talent management initiatives.
- Implements strategies to foster the GMI culture and help our locations become an employer of choice.
Reports Directly To:ï¿½Vice President, Human Resources-International Division
Reports Indirectly To:ï¿½Vice President, Chief Learning Officer
- Masters degree in HRIR or MBA from recognized business school strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in Human Resources with a specialization in Talent Management, ideally with FMCG companies
- Outstanding leadership, strategic, organizational and teamwork skills
- Ability to develop effective professional relationships at all levels of the organization
- Experience in a matrix organization preferred
- Change leadership/influence
- Practical and world oriented (vs. theory and academic)
- Fluency in English-both written and oral
General Mills has high expectations for their leaders. There are four key leadership expectations we hold all leaders accountable to, regardless of location, position or function:
- Delivers Outstanding Results:
- Sets aggressive goals and clear priorities
- Delivers on short and long term commitments
- Makes timely, high quality decisions
- Adds value with superior expertise
- Energizes and Develops People:
- Inspires and motivates others
- Collaborates across boundaries
- Develops people, organizations and self
- Values diversity
- Leads Innovation:
- Communicates compelling vision
- Develops winning strategies
- Connects to the outside world
- Encourages innovation
- Engenders trust at all levels
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- Leadership development should begin with “why” — and that’s usually not behavior change
- Change is incumbent on all of us
- Visions and missions — defining your value and purpose proposition
- The Reskilling Revolution versus the ‘clay layer’
- When the leader can’t return to the office