With all the dire economic reports churning through the news cycle lately, it’s easy to forget that in spite of all the problems we face, we still have much to be thankful for. Most of the people reading this still have good jobs at good companies and perform work that makes a difference in the lives of others.
With Thanksgiving coming up this week, I thought it might be nice if we all shared something that we’re thankful for in our professions. What people, solutions or ideas really help you in what you do for a living? They might be indispensible, or just a nice thing to have around — just something you’re grateful for because it improves your work life.!@!
I’ll start. I’m thankful for the Audacity audio editing application, which allows us to provide interesting stories in a non-print medium to our readers at almost no cost to us. Thanks to this tool, we can quickly and easily produce podcasts that give our audience another means to get insights from learning leaders.
Got something you’d like to share? Let us know about it in this discussion on the CLO-Network.
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning
- Standing still is no longer an option