Cincinnati — Feb. 21
James F. Orr, Convergys Corp. chairman and CEO, has announced his intention to retire at the end of 2007.
In anticipation of Orr’s retirement, the Convergys board of directors elected David F. Dougherty, currently president and chief operating officer, to become president and chief executive officer, effective at the annual meeting of shareholders April 17.
Orr will remain as chairman of the board of directors until his retirement Dec. 31.
“Convergys has just completed a year of record results in revenues and earnings per share and is well-positioned for future success,” Orr said. “The work done over the past two years to strengthen the company and enhance its operating performance is clearly producing positive results.
“We are fortunate to have an executive of Dave Dougherty’s outstanding ability and extensive experience ready to assume the position of CEO. I am very confident that the company will continue to prosper under his leadership.”
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- Leadership development should begin with “why” — and that’s usually not behavior change
- Change is incumbent on all of us
- Visions and missions — defining your value and purpose proposition
- The Reskilling Revolution versus the ‘clay layer’
- When the leader can’t return to the office