In his Chief Learning Officer column (Selling Up, Selling Down, September 2002), Bob Mosher, director of education for Element K, challenged us to think not only of investment but of return on investment. While we applaud his optimism, most organizations find high value in creating the Kirkpatrick Level 4 measure: behavioral outcomes. Kirkpatrick’s Level 5 creates ROI measures that are very difficult using current technologies.
Bob Mosher referred to behavioral outcomes in his opening on competency mapping. Tracking incremental behavioral improvements illustrates the value of e-learning because employees are consistently driving the firms’ vision and values through their core competencies.
Mark R. Edwards, Ph.D.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- COVID-19 is an opportunity to reinvent education
- Video: Positioning remote learning for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Amplify corporate learning with a digital marketing game plan
- Update on the SEC and ISO initiatives for human capital reporting
- We can’t ‘flow of work’ our way into the future