Video production: Andrew Kennedy Lewis
In 2018, Andrew Barnes, founder of Perpetual Guardian, conducted an experiment in his business to see how his staff would do in a four-day work week. Barnes discovered a dramatic change in his workforce: lower stress levels, but higher engagement and productivity. Here, Barnes makes the case for the four-day work week to be adopted worldwide and discusses how the schedule can benefit employee development. His book on the topic, “The 4 Day Week: How the Flexible Work Revolution Can Increase Productivity, Profitability and Well-Being, and Create a Sustainable Future,” was published earlier this year.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- What’s holding inclusion back? Leaders’ behavior.
- Psychological safety: an overlooked secret to organizational performance
- Designing virtual learning for application and impact: the missing ingredient
- Brain-based leadership in a time of heightened uncertainty
- Creating an environment for effective learning measurement