Employers increasingly rely on custom courses over college educations to teach their talent pool, writes Wired.
The current tax bill proposal would remove the ability for companies to write off transit benefits on their taxes, reports Chicago Tribune.
In other tax news, tuition waivers will not be taxed, as previously proposed, writes NPR.
In order to better understand Bitcoin, one Japanese company will begin paying some of its employees in the virtual currency, writes The Guardian.
Finally, here’s how CEOs handled 2017’s crazy news cycle, via Fast Company.
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning
- Standing still is no longer an option