In our latest Your Career interview, author and computer science professor Cal Newport uncovers the nature of deep work and how focusing without distraction on a cognitively demanding task is the source of competitive advantage. But it’s not easy. Fortunately, the ability to focus and do deep work is something that can be trained. The result is higher quality and quantity of work.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- 5 things to stop expecting from a mentor
- Politics, values and the election in the workplace
- New benchmarking tool for higher ed seeks to address workplace soft skills gap
- Who leads your DEI function, and how do you support them from an organizational perspective?
- Why businesses need an internal career marketplace for skills, ASAP