These were the top five stories for CLOmedia.com for the week of July 11.
- Where Have All the Learning Portals Gone? Many learning portals are still there — somewhere — but no one is using them. As learning evolves, so must how learners access resources.
- Companies Should Invest in Employees’ Higher Education: What if an organization could prove that tuition reimbursement would yield more than 100 percent of a company’s investment? Cigna Corp. can, and the company believes its success could spark a talent development trend.
- Decisions, Decisions: To Buy, Build or Partner for Learning: How do you make the decision to buy, build or partner with vendors to fulfill learning needs?
- Use Simulations to Develop Millennial Leaders: Simulations offer a competitive, technology-based development option learning leaders can use to promote risk-free knowledge transfer between baby boomers and millennials.
- Managers, Show New Employees You Can Be Fair: Managers can lay a strong foundation for their evolving relationships with employees by focusing on building trust through fairness.