Here are the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of June 20.
- Learning Technology’s Role in Recruiting for Culture Fit: The traditional recruiting process has a blind spot— it considers valuable technical skills but not cultural fit. How can companies use technology to determine cultural fit before they hire a candidate?
- Employees Demand Training Over Other Learning Opportunities: When employees are nearly begging for training to do their jobs better, employers should listen.
- Where Should the Learning Department Go? Learning’s credibility and transformative power rests in the CLO’s ability to work strategically, whether it lives in human resources or answers directly to the CEO.
- Millennials Crave Feedback at Work – But They Aren’t Getting It: Gen Yers are accustomed to instantaneous feedback in most areas of their lives – but they aren’t getting it regularly at work.
- 3 Ways to Elevate Leadership Development: Multidimensional leadership development experiences should have immediately applicable lessons that prompt leaders to identify skill gaps, and they don’t have to take place in the usual places.