Before you toast 2014 away one final time, take a moment to enjoy these top five stories from CLOmedia.com for the entire year.
1. Big Data at Google: At Google, there is little formal learning. Experience is the teacher, writes CLO columnist Jay Cross.
2. Four Levels of Measurement Creator Don Kirkpatrick Dies: Industry pioneer’s work reshaped how learning and development is evaluated.
3. Corporate Universities: A Powerful Model for Learning: Corporate universities were first created in the late 1980s as an enhancement to traditional training departments.
4. ASTD Reboots With New Name and Logo: American Society for Training and Development president and CEO announces new name, logo and initiatives in the association's future.
5. How Disney Develops Culture: Doug Lipp, former Disney University leader and author of "Disney U," discusses how Disney teaches employees to do their jobs and exude the company's culture.
On Another Note …
With all the good things that happened in the learning and development profession in 2014, it's hard not to forget that this was the year the industry lost one of its most profound standard setters in Chief Learning Officer magazine's founding Editor-in-Chief Norm Kamikow.
Watch Norm's tribute video here.