Lausanne, Switzerland — Oct. 14
IMD business school recently added two new open enrollment programs for managers aspiring to move into business leadership positions and for managers who are transitioning into leadership roles.
Starting in 2014, the new programs are Foundations for Business Leadership, or FBL, and Transition to Business Leadership, or TBL.
FBL aims to provide an intensive opportunity to develop an essential set of cross-functional skills and capabilities required to be successful in business leadership. The program will aim to serve as a stepping stone to IMD’s Program for Executive Development or to the Executive MBA. FBL takes place over three weeks — including weekends — and will be offered three times in 2014.
TBL is part of IMD’s Program for Executive Development, or PED. TBL is given in two modules of two weeks each and is positioned as a personalized journey designed to help executives understand the common challenges and pitfalls that come with transitioning into a leadership role. The program includes pre-program, inter-module and post-program distance learning.
When taken together, FBL and TBL constitute IMD’s Program for Executive Development, which leads to a diploma.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- McDonald’s names new chief learning and development officer
- Skills aren’t soft or hard — they’re durable or perishable
- 5 things you should be doing for your virtual internship program
- Developing a real strategy for on-the-job learning
- Video: Overcoming the narrative of racial difference: Why the controversy?