Roseland, N.J. — Oct. 2
Private sector employment increased by 166,000 jobs from August to September, according to the September ADP National Employment Report released Wednesday.
The release of the monthly jobs report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics due Friday is uncertain amid the first federal government shutdown in 17 years.
The ADP report, which is derived from the firm’s payroll data, measures the change in total nonfarm private employment each month on a seasonally-adjusted basis. August’s job gain was revised down from 176,000 to 159,000.
- Virtual reality and augmented reality: overhyped or new industry standard?
- Combatting impostor syndrome through learning and development
- Intentional servant leaders are the key to organizational health
- The mindset of a lifelong learner
- Beyond the status quo: how enlightened CLOs can enable true employee readiness