Menlo Park, Calif. — Aug. 8
More than six in 10 senior managers surveyed by staffing firm OfficeTeam said they are uncomfortable being “friended” by their bosses (68 percent) or the employees they supervise (62 percent) — up from 47 percent and 48 percent of respondents, respectively, in a similar survey conducted in 2009.
In addition, nearly half (49 percent) of those recently polled prefer not to connect with co-workers on Facebook, compared to 41 percent in 2009.
The survey was conducted by an independent research firm and is based on telephone interviews with more than 1,000 senior managers at companies with 20 or more employees.
- KPMG opens $450 million training facility Lakehouse
- Relativity’s Dorie Blesoff shares lessons from her career
- Video: Former astronaut Leland Melvin talks teamwork and talent
- Build a deliberately developmental organization through peer learning groups
- Why education is the benefit nobody uses — and how to change that