St. Petersburg, Fla. — March 8
The Poynter Institute, a journalism education organization, has announced it will partner with newspaper publisher McClatchy Co. on a multi-year training program.
Poynter will work closely with McClatchy leaders to conduct training assessments for its employees and identify specific needs and offer training opportunities that support the company’s strategic goals.
The custom program is built on the full range of Poynter’s teaching expertise. Poynter faculty and industry experts will lead in-person workshops, online seminars and Webinars and tailored certificate programs drawn from Poynter’s extensive e-learning course list will aim to target skills gaps.
Poynter also will work with McClatchy’s in-house trainers to help them develop additional programs during this multi-year program. Training will be developed for both the editorial and sales staffs of McClatchy’s 30 print and online organizations.
Source: The Poynter Institute
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- 5 things you should be doing for your virtual internship program
- Developing a real strategy for on-the-job learning
- Video: Overcoming the narrative of racial difference: Why the controversy?
- Mitigating the effects of implicit bias
- What it takes to become a collaborative leader