London — May 25
John Philpott, chief economic adviser at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, has announced his intention to leave the Institute in the fall.
“I decided some months ago that after such a long tenure at the CIPD the time is now right for me to leave to refresh my insatiable interest in economic and employment policy matters in pastures new,” Philpott said. “I have enjoyed working for the CIPD since November 2000 and wish the Institute and Peter Cheese well in the future, especially in the 2013 centenary year.”
“The CIPD is extremely sad to hear of John Philpott’s decision to move on,” said Sue Upton, CIPD’s managing director. … “We have been incredibly fortunate to be able to rely on his exceptional knowledge, analysis and integrity over the last 12 years.”
- Virtual reality and augmented reality: overhyped or new industry standard?
- Combatting impostor syndrome through learning and development
- Intentional servant leaders are the key to organizational health
- The mindset of a lifelong learner
- Beyond the status quo: how enlightened CLOs can enable true employee readiness