Atlanta — May 7
Intellum, a privately held technology company, unveiled a rebranded and enhanced version of its learning management system at the annual ASTD conference in Denver.
Exceed LMS, now in use by roughly 400 companies, aims to go beyond traditional LMS functionality and provide a technically visionary learning platform for companies looking to solve today’s complex learning challenges in a cost- and time-efficient way.
Exceed was built exclusively for the Web with a user interface similar to the Web-based applications learners use every day, such as Facebook and Salesforce.
Intellum says the system’s robust functionality, rapid implementation and pricing aim to make it an optimal choice for companies seeking to replace current LMS systems, extend training to customers and partners, or serve geographically diverse global learning audiences.
Following are examples of enhancements included in this release:
• Language localization by individual users. Many LMS systems give customers the ability to localize the LMS experience for groups of users. Exceed aims to make it possible for every user to choose his or her language.
• Automated video uploading. Exceed aims to streamline the upload and delivery of video without third-party software or conversion steps.
• Integration with GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar. With Exceed, customers can track and manage training webinars and workgroup collaborations conducted with these two services. No special setup or customization is required.
The new version also aims to bring enhancements to the system’s reporting functionality.
For instance, the new manager dashboard shows a summary of training completions for employees, as well as a compliance meter for an at-a-glance view of where a team is in terms of required training.
Exceed offers a portfolio of more than 70 off-the-shelf reports, which can be used as is or customized, as well as the ability to create real-time or scheduled queries — simple to complex — on all database items.
- When it comes to executive education, the challenge is to design for desired success
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning