Washington, D.C. — Sept. 12
California State University Channel Islands (CI) has selected Blackboard Learn 9.1 following a comprehensive evaluation of learning management systems (LMS), Blackboard Inc. announced.
Facing reduced budgets campus-wide, CI formed a learning management evaluation committee to identify a cost-effective solution to replace CI Learn, powered by Blackboard Learn 8.
As part of the evaluation, CI conducted pilot programs for Release 9.1 and another open source option during the spring 2011 semester. During the pilots, a majority of students and faculty preferred Release 9.1, finding it to be intuitive, designed and easy to navigate. Faculty members also thought its features and capabilities would enhance course instruction, interaction and learning.
More than 1,600 institutions have adopted Blackboard Learn 9.1.
Source: Blackboard Inc.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- The Reskilling Revolution versus the ‘clay layer’
- When the leader can’t return to the office
- Combatting a campus (and workplace) mental health epidemic
- Psychological safety leads to better managers and teams at this major enterprise
- The skills gap: technology first