Gainesville, Fla., January 5, 2011 —
SumTotal Systems, Inc., a provider of talent management solutions, announced it has acquired GeoLearning. This acquisition expands SumTotal’s capabilities in the mid-market, government and extended enterprise market segments and adds GeoLearning’s strength in learning management systems, software as a service (SaaS) and managed services to SumTotal’s broader talent management software and services.
With customers such as Sony Electronics, Amway, Seagate, Dell, and Google, SumTotal provides learning and talent management solutions with more than 39 million users across 2,300 global customers. The company’s talent management software includes integrated learning, performance, compensation, succession, development, 360 feedback, hiring, social collaboration, planning, workforce analytics and core HR management. This acquisition fits with SumTotal’s goal to provide a complete talent management offering to every market segment.
“This is great news for our customers who now have access to additional expert resources and a comprehensive offering that spans all strategic HR functions,” said Scott Andriano, senior vice president of sales at GeoLearning. “With significant backing focused on delivering real long-term customer value, our combined companies have the ability to more rapidly invest and scale to support growing customer demand.”
The acquisition provides customers with:
• Integrated talent management offering covering the business needs in multiple market segments
• Localized operations with customers deployed in 156 countries in 39 different languages
• Resource expansion across R&D, services, support and account management
• Domain and subject matter expertise across 38 different verticals
• A user community sharing best practice in Fortune 500, mid-market, government and extended enterprise markets
“These are exciting times for our industry, and our mission remains focused on significantly increasing the value our customers gain from partnering with SumTotal,” said John Borgerding, CEO of SumTotal Systems. “The focus and dedication our team has for customers and this industry is represented in this strategic acquisition. As the true market leader, we will continue to innovate, accelerate, and help our customers to achieve new levels of success.”
- When it comes to executive education, the challenge is to design for desired success
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning