As members of the International Association for Human Resources Information Management (IHRIM), human resources and information management professionals will be able to access CORE – a member-generated online community that captures and shares important HR information management knowledge and content, as well as enhances collaboration among members – when IHRIM unveils the technology later this month.
CORE will use a Web 2.0 platform to provide a centralized hub for IHRIM members to create groups based on common interests or geographic locale. Similar to Facebook, members can use CORE to:
- Create user profiles, blogs and wikis.
- Find and network with others in their region or industry.
- Contact others using or considering the same HR management system solutions.
- Create RSS feeds of topical information.
- Access industry news and information.
- Check out industry events, webinars and conferences.
“CORE will better enable our members to capture and share important HR information management knowledge and content, and enhance networking and collaboration,” said Lynne Mealy, IHRIM president. “As a technology association, we felt it was prudent to shift member communications beyond geographic borders to the Web. As a new member benefit, CORE will open the door to more information and opportunity.”