Tips for Being Realistic and Optimistic
• Be focused and flexible about what you want.
• Balance achieving goals with discovering them.
• Be aware and wary about what you know.
• Balance facts and figures with imagination.
• Be practical and magical in what you do.
Tips for Being Constructive and Impatient
• Balance compassion with a drive for results.
• Challenge people to perform in a supportive environment.
• Balance setting stretch goals with getting buy-in.
• Know when to move forward and when to stay put.
• Balance winning with win-win.
Tips for Being Confident and Humble
• Share your strengths and shortcomings.
• Listen to and learn from others.
• Empower people to succeed.
• Respect others’ values.
• Build mutually satisfying relationships.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- Visions and missions — defining your value and purpose proposition
- The Reskilling Revolution versus the ‘clay layer’
- When the leader can’t return to the office
- Combatting a campus (and workplace) mental health epidemic
- Psychological safety leads to better managers and teams at this major enterprise