Here were the top five stories on CLOmedia for the week of October 3.
- Who Leads the Leaders? Learning leaders do – via a stand out, internal executive leadership development program that tackles real problems in real time.
- 2016 Learning In Practice Award Winners: More than 60 executives and companies were recognized with a Learning In Practice award for excellence in employee learning and workforce development.
- Why Should Employees Pick Your Company? Companies like Allstate and Comcast have turned development into a strategic retention and engagement tool.
- The New CLO of the Year Is…: Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina’s Adri Maisonet-Morales took home multiple awards at the Learning In Practice awards ceremony. The event capped off a stellar day two for the fall 2016 Symposium.
- Learning in an Uber Economy: Learning has shifted to an Uber app-like functionality that lets employees know what skills are in demand and helps develop them.
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning
- Standing still is no longer an option