Here were the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of Aug. 15.
- 3 Unconscious Habits Eroding Employee Engagement: Beware contradicting expectations, opposing leadership styles and disconnected values. They are the death knell to employee engagement in the workplace.
- Workplace Ethics: Requiring More Than an Email Blast: Organizations have a lot to lose when people ignore or participate in unethical behavior, and an internal email will do little to solve the problem.
- Learning Can Help Change, Transformation and Disruption: No matter what change a company faces, employee engagement and retention is crucial. Well-planned and executed learning initiatives can make each employee feel like an essential part of what will drive business success.
- Wake Up to the New World of Learning: Employees aren’t going to be nice if you don’t give them what they want.
- 3 Big Myths About Workplace Learning: Most of the diehard learning myths that linger in today’s companies just aren’t true. For instance, employees do have time for learning — if it helps them do their jobs better or advances their careers.