Here were the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of July 25.
- Chasing Pokémon Can Help You Catch Learning: The viral mobile game offers learning leaders insight into the breadth, depth and possibilities inherent to virtual and augmented reality-based learning.
- Why Learning Leaders Are Perfect For HR Roles: CLOs were once a kind of C-suite specialist, but the increasingly complex role means learning leaders like Quixey’s Tamar Elkeles are often great fits for HR and talent management executive positions.
- Wal-Mart Jumps Firmly Onto the Employee Education Investment Bandwagon: The retailer is building out its lifelong learning efforts and helping employees to get their high school diplomas.
- Doing the Wrong Things with High Potentials: Want to help your high potentials? Don’t isolate them. Study them and work to replicate their routines across broader populations — raising the tide for all ships.
- Do You Know How to Lead from Behind? Leading from behind is active leadership. It requires that a leader set clear goals, enable innovation and step forward in key moments to unlock everyone’s potential.