Here were the top five stories from CLOmedia.com for the week of April 18.
- What’s Driving Your Culture? Effective leadership development is holistic. A mix of formal and informal learning is integral to make a culture shift.
- The Right Vendor Makes All the Difference: Learning leaders must use a wide array of sources to vet providers and demand continual insight and innovation.
- People Matter to Southwest’s Elizabeth Bryant: The Southwest Airlines University vice president helps people ‘find the right seat’ so that learning after a reorganization can really take off.
- How to Fix Common Employee Learning Blunders: The way people learn is changing, but learning management systems aren’t. Companies should change their systems to fit how learners absorb information.
- The C-Level Stumbling Block: Learning professionals must outline clear ROI, show business success, and present value throughout the process.
On Another Note …
Forbes offers seven leadership styles the best bosses use.
Here’s Bloomberg Businessweek on how GPS came to be and what impact it could be having on our brains.
… and Workforce editor James Tehrani remembers musical genius Prince and his great skill at discovering and developing new talent.
- When it comes to executive education, the challenge is to design for desired success
- Listen: Upwork’s Zoe Harte makes the case for freelancers as core part of talent development strategy
- What should be the employer’s role in tackling student loan debt?
- Intellectual humility is a key skill for tomorrow’s leaders
- Student debt is an impediment to lifelong learning