Add some real spice to your pumpkin coffee with these top five stories from CLOmedia.com for the week of Nov. 2.
1. Are You a Dysfunctional Leader?: Following these tips will help turn dysfunctional leaders into functional leaders.
2. Millennials Freak Out More: Gen Y is the most stressed out generation, but learning leaders have the power to keep them sane.
3. How to Make Learning at Work, Work: Organizations haven't been able to effectively embed learning at work because they're been pulling the wrong levers.
4. Leave Learning to Employees: Employees can share knowledge more rapidly and widely than ever before, which means learning leaders have a new challenge.
5. The Power of Collaboration: Collaboration is about essence and form. Essence, or connecting, comes first.
On Another Note …
Does telecommuting work? According to a recent academic review of other studies on the practice, the answer: it depends, reports The Wall Street Journal.
Also, four ways to future-proof your team, from Entrepreneur.
Finally, five ways to earn your next promotion, via Inc.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- 5 things you should be doing for your virtual internship program
- Developing a real strategy for on-the-job learning
- Video: Overcoming the narrative of racial difference: Why the controversy?
- Mitigating the effects of implicit bias
- What it takes to become a collaborative leader