Ring in the first official weekend of spring with these top five stories from CLOmedia.com for the week of March 16.
1. Death of the Cubicle — Facebook and Pearson Style: With more companies transitioning from traditional cubicle environments to open offices, CLOs have to make room for change management.
2. The 5 E’s of Manager-to-Employee Coaching: More than two-thirds of managers are not engaged in their employees’ career development. But learning leaders can solve that problem with a little guidance
3. The Truth About Learning: Learning beliefs are based on myth, fallacy and antiquated science.
4. Gen Y: Flexibility Over Retirement Saving | Video: Millennials prefer to save money the same way they like to develop their job skills while making it: with flexibility.
5. 6 Ways Color Affects Learning: That white and gold dress — or is it black and blue? — has more to do with neurology than thousands of bored social media users. And learning leaders should take note.
On Another Note …
Tim Cook talks Apple's future with Fast Company. Read here.
Also, why companies are getting more mindful with meditation, via The Wall Street Journal. Read here.
Finally, the new office chair wants you to lean, not sit or stand, from Business Insider. Read here.