Flexibility is gaining steam as a worker priority.
Of the 1,000 LinkedIn members polled by Citigroup Inc., 64 percent said they would choose extra flexibility in where and when they work instead of a 10 percent raise in salary. However, if offered a 20 percent raise, 47 percent of the workers polled said they would take flexibility, while 53 percent would take the raise.
When the salary offer is pushed to 30 percent, more than 70 percent of workers said they would take the money, while 28 percent would take the work-life balance.
The survey was first profiled Monday in The Wall Street Journal.
Read more from the article here.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- Visions and missions — defining your value and purpose proposition
- The Reskilling Revolution versus the ‘clay layer’
- When the leader can’t return to the office
- Combatting a campus (and workplace) mental health epidemic
- Psychological safety leads to better managers and teams at this major enterprise