Enjoy the fall colors by sitting outside and reading these top five stories from Talentmgt.com for the week of Sept. 30.
1. More Stay Interviews, Fewer Exit Interviews: The stay interview is a productive tool needed in managers’ tool kits, but managers must heed important distinctions to be successful.
2. A Return to Qualitative: Frustrated at the inefficiencies of quantitative ratings and rankings, a quiet wave of organizations is turning to a more frequent, qualitative approach to performance management. Editor Sarah Sipek has more in this issue's special report on performance management.
3. All Eyes on HR When Measuring Performance: When it comes to evaluating organizational performance, evaluating human resources’ ability to provide value is among the top priorities, according to recent Human Capital Media research.
4. SunTrust Banks on Succession: As regulators put the spotlight on banks following the financial crisis, SunTrust Banks Inc. beefed up its leadership preparedness. Editor Ladan Nikravan has more in this issue's cover story case study.
5. HR Lessons From ‘Goodnight Moon’: Relaxation and relief can help deliver performance results, writes editor Mike Prokopeak.
In Other News …
People in general may be reluctant to move for a job. This is esspecially true of millennials, a group that collectively prefers to live in destination cities and work remotely rather than move to a far-away place just for work.
For executives in high demand, however, moving for work is becoming less of a hastle — mostly because companies are making it easier for them to move, according to a Sept. 30 report in The Wall Street Journal. Read more here.
Also, five things most productive people do every day, via Business Insider. Read here.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- Creating an environment for effective learning measurement
- Honest feedback plays a critical role in building cultural D&I
- Progressive Insurance gives interns an entry-level lesson in the new reality of office work
- Digital transformation through mindset, delivery and content
- Cloudy with a chance of budget approval