Chief Learning Officer Unveils Top Companies for Workforce Development
Dana Point, Calif., March 30, 2014 — Chief Learning Officer magazine recognized 60 organizations as learning and development leaders Sunday night at the 2014 LearningElite Gala held in conjunction with the Spring CLO Symposium at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, in Dana Point, Calif.
Widely recognized as the industry’s most meaningful and comprehensive standard for effective L&D practices, the LearningElite is the only peer-reviewed benchmarking program developed in collaboration with chief learning officers and senior workforce development practitioners. It applies rigorous statistical analysis to evaluating the learning and development services that companies provide and ranks the organizations based upon business impact as well as innovation and execution.
According to Norm Kamikow, president and editor-in-chief of Human Capital Media Group, which publishes the magazine, a record-breaking number of enterprises submitted applications for 2014 — “a significant indication of the LearningElite’s growing stature and importance. In just four years, it has become the industry’s most valuable benchmarking tool and a widely acknowledged mark of distinction.”
From a field of more than 200 applicants, 58 emerged as 2014 LearningElite organizations. Two additional companies were named to the new LearningElite Winner’s Circle — a special designation separate from the annual rankings reserved for returning elite organizations that previously were ranked No. 1. During the gala, six of this year’s LearningElite organizations also were singled out for Editor’s Choice Awards, which recognize specific excellence in key L&D performance indicators and categories.
“More than just an opportunity for organizations to be recognized for outstanding outcomes in the field of workforce development, the LearningElite allows enterprises to quantify their progress toward making strong workforce development a major competitive differentiator,” said Sarah Kimmel, HCM’s director of research and advisory services. “A large part of its value lies in not only analyzing performance metrics but also turning the data into insights. The LearningElite helps companies understand how their learning initiatives compare to the best of the best and enables them to identify areas for improvement.”
Organizations named to the 2014 Learning Elite will be featured in the June 2014 issue of Chief Learning Officer magazine.
The following organizations were honored at the LearningElite Gala, sponsored by Saba, getAbstract and Procter & Gamble:
LearningElite Winner’s Circle
2014 LearningElite Organizations
- McDonald’s USA
- Procter & Gamble Distributing
- The Vanguard Group Inc.
- Defense Acquisition University
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Automatic Data Processing Inc.
- Sidley Austin
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- EMC Corp.
- CarMax Auto Superstores Inc.
- Cerner Corp.
- AlliedBarton Security Services
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.
- Bridgepoint Education
- ConAgra Foods Inc.
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.
- BJC HealthCare
- FDIC Corporate University
- Walgreen Co.
- Genentech Inc.
- Chesterfield County, Va.
- DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc.
- Yum! Brands Inc.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- TIC – The Industrial Co.
- Emory University
- NIIT Ltd.
- ManTech International Corp.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Berkshire Health Systems
- United Services Automobile Association
- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Global Product Education
- The Aerospace Corp.
- Cricket Communications Inc.
- American Cancer Society Inc.
- Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores Inc.
- OptumRx Inc.
- Department of Veterans Affairs Acquisition Academy
- Mountain America Federal Credit Union
- Mindtree Ltd.
- Clarkson-Potomac Group Inc.
- BKD LLP
- Merck Polytechnic Institute
- Otsuka America Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Banner Health
- Deckers Outdoor Corp.
- G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc.
- Carollo Engineers
- Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc.
- New York Life Insurance Co.
- Arup Group Ltd.
Editor’s Choice Awards
- Learning Strategy: IBM
- Leadership Commitment: McDonald’s USA
- Learning Execution: UPS
- Learning Impact: Procter & Gamble Distributing
- Business Performance Results: Accenture
- Best Small Company: Vi
For more information about the LearningElite, visit CLOmedia.com/elite.
# # #
ABOUT HUMAN CAPITAL MEDIA GROUP
The Human Capital Media Group is the largest integrated media company serving the human capital, management and workforce development industries. The company publishes Chief Learning Officer, Diversity Executive, Talent Management and Workforce magazines and conducts critical industry research through the Human Capital Media Advisory Group. HCM also operates one of the most widely referenced online industry resources, HumanCapitalMedia.com.
HCM leverages its award-winning editorial content with innovative integrated media products, including targeted newsletters, webinars, interactive websites, special print and online supplements, resource guides, industry research and benchmarking, a vendor directory, as well as live and online conferences that bring together international audiences to network and discuss leading-edge strategy and best practices in the industry. HCM partners with recognized industry experts to provide thought-provoking feature articles, news, opinions and insights through its award-winning publications, events and e-media and give human capital professionals the business intelligence and knowledge they need to succeed in new and changing markets.
- 5 Forces Shaping the Future of HR
- Why ‘Leaders Eat Last’
- COVID-19 is an opportunity to reinvent education
- Video: Positioning remote learning for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Amplify corporate learning with a digital marketing game plan
- Update on the SEC and ISO initiatives for human capital reporting
- We can’t ‘flow of work’ our way into the future